With new UL 268 7th edition, Honeywell prepares to meet new industry requirements UL 268 7th edition standards, going into effect in May 2020.
MANILA — Honeywell (NYSE: HON) has introduced NOTIFIER® addressable intelligent detectors for commercial and residential sectors that are ideal for the Philippines.
These next-generation detectors are designed to meet new UL 268 7th Edition standards that will take effect in May 2020, which include the reduction of false alarms and to differentiate smoke characteristics between a fast-moving smoke and smoldering fires.
Building materials and home furnishing have changed significantly over time with more modern materials such as polyurethane foam. These materials are known to burn hotter and faster and this means that escape time for building occupants in the event of a fire hazard have gone from an average of 17 minutes to three-to-four minutes.
It impacts the occupants’ amount of time to escape a fire, thus greater sensitivity to the smoke characteristics of these kinds of fires is critical.
“Honeywell Building Technologies products, software, and solutions are found in more than 10 million buildings worldwide, helping customers ensure their facilities are safe, energy efficient, sustainable, and productive,” said Jeff Estrella, president of Honeywell Philippines during the New Product Launch event in Taguig City, Metro Manila.
“This next-generation smoke detectors are designed to meet the new UL 268 7th Edition Standards, which will go into effect in May next year. Therefore, this product is literally crafted to serve us well into the future.”
The NOTIFIER® 951 Series detectors have greater fire detection accuracy that provides building occupants enough time to evacuate safely in the event of a fire hazard. They can also help minimize false alarms and enhance the protection of people as well as property.
Jeff Estrella, president of Honeywell Philippines. (Photo: Honeywell)
Honeywell is committed to bringing this innovative line of detectors to the Philippines market well ahead of the enforcement of the above-mentioned industry requirement, thus ensuring smooth business continuity for its users once the new code goes into effect.
In addition, the NOTIFIER® 951 Series addressable intelligent detectors can be retrofitted to existing NOTIFIER® systems without replacing control panels or software.
• Sleek and stylish contemporary design.
• Advanced thermal technology for fast response.
• Fixed temperature model (FST-951) factory preset to 135°F (57°C).
• Rate-of-rise model (FST-951R), 15°F (8.3°C) per minute.
• High temperature model (FST-951H) factory preset to 190°F (88°C).
• Addressable by device.
• Compatible with FlashScan® and CLIP protocol systems.
• Rotary, decimal addressing (1-99 on CLIP systems, 1-159 on FlashScan systems).
• Two-wire SLC connection.
• Visible LEDs “blink” every time the unit is addressed.
• 360°-field viewing angle of the visual alarm indicators (two bi-color LEDs). LEDs blink green in Normal condition and turn on steady red in Alarm.
• Integral communications and built-in device-type identification.
• Remote test feature from the panel.
• Built-in functional test switch activated by external magnet.
• Walk test with address display (an address of 121 will blink the detector LED 12-pause)-1).
• Low standby current.
• Built-in tamper-resistant feature.
• Designed for direct-surface or electrical-box mounting.
• Sealed against back pressure.
• Plugs into separate base for ease of installation and maintenance.
• SEMS screws for wiring of the separate base.
• Optional remote, single-gang LED accessory.
• Optional sounder, relay, and isolator bases.
Size: 2.0″ (5.3 cm) high; base determines diameter.
– B300-6: 6.1″ (15.6 cm) diameter.
– B501: 4″ (10.2 cm) diameter.
Operating temperature range:
• FST-951, FST-951R Series: –20°C to 38°C (–4°F to 100°F);
• FST-951H Series: –20°C to 66°C (–4°F to 150°F).
The NOTIFIER® 951 Series addressable intelligent detectors are designed for both performance and aesthetics, a new, contemporary design and advanced thermal and sensing technologies engineered to better represent smoke characteristics.
Its point ID address, set using rotary decimal switches, and provides specific detector locations allowing for quick response time from first responders. The NOTIFIER® 951 Series product line consists of photoelectric, photoelectric/thermal, and heat detectors, with complimentary bases and accessories. (Honeywell Philippines)
About Honeywell Building Technologies
Honeywell Building Technologies (HBT) is a global business with more than 23,000 employees. HBT creates products, software and technologies found in more than 10 million buildings worldwide. Commercial building owners and occupants use our technologies to ensure their facilities are safe, energy efficient, sustainable and productive. For more news and information on Honeywell Building Technologies, visit http://www.honeywell.com/newsroom.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 technology company that delivers industry specific solutions that include aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings and industry; and performance materials globally. Our technologies help everything from aircraft, buildings, manufacturing plants, supply chains, and workers become more connected to make our world smarter, safer, and more sustainable. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit http://www.honeywell.com/newsroom.