By EDD K. USMAN
Twitter: @edd1819, Instagram: @bluestar0910, Facebook: Science, Digital & Current News
(SDN) — AS 2019 is on its last few days, OPPO launched today, December 26, in China its Reno3 series smartphones.
The Times of India reported the launch of the OPPO Reno3 and Reno3 Pro, both sporting 5G connectivity. They also have on the rear a quad camera setup.
On the other hand, Gizmo China said that on the eve of the launch that OPPO had already received more than 500,000 orders for the phones.
Earlier, the Chinese smartphone maker has been widely teasing the Reno3 series, eliciting much anticipation which, apparently, was borne by the more than half a million pre-order even before its launch.
They also run on the latest Android 10 operating system (OS). It has the ColorOS 7 customized UI on top.
Prices for the Reno3, the Times of India said, are 3,399 China Yuan (CNY) and 3,699 CNY for the 8GB RAM and 12GB RAM variants, respectively. The variants have the same 128GB storage capacity.
For the Reno3 Pro the price for the 8GB RAM with 128GB internal storage comes at CNY3,999; the one with the 12GB RAM and 256GB internal storage costs around CNY4,499.
Reno3 Pro specs:
- 6.5-inch AMOLED FHD+ screen in 2400×1080 pixel resolution.
- 93.4 percent screen-to-body ratio with a layer of Corning Glass 5 on top.
- Latest Qualcomm mid-range processor of Snapdragon 765G with Adreno 620 GPU.
- Quad back camera — 48MP Sony IMX586 sensor equipped with f/1.7 aperture, an 8MP ultra wide-angle sensor with f/2.2 aperture and 116 degree wide angke, 13MP telephoto shooter with f/2.4 aperture, and 2MP camera with f/2/4 aperture. Its selfie camera is a punch-hole setup with 32MP and f/2.4 aperture.
- Battery at 4,025mAh and also does VOOC Flash Charge 4.0.
The Reno3 runs on MediaTek Dimensity 1000L SOC with Mali-G77 GPU. While the Reno3 Pro has a punch-hole front camera, Reno3 sports a waterdrop notch instead but it has the same 6.5-inch display. Its main camera comes with a 64MP sensor; the rest of the camera sensors are the same with Reno3 Pro. (SDN)