Selected from the WITSA network of 80 countries, Taiwan is an ICT leader and innovator
TAIPEI, Nov. 19, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — World Congress on Information Technology (WCIT) 2020 closes after three days on November 20th. It has engaged with ICT suppliers from over 80 countries. Taiwan delivers innovative ICT solutions in the event. Built with 3D modelling, Taiwan Pavilion introduces advanced startup technologies and tech solutions. Among 0-touch economy, smart life, smart retail, and startup solutions from Taiwan this year, tech against COVID-19 is especially well-received. In total, Taiwan receives 7 WITSA Global ICT Excellence Awards, including 4 top prizes, 2 second prizes, and 1 merit winner. 4 top prize winners are all related to tech against COVID-19, indicating how Taiwan fights effectively against the pandemic with outstanding ICT technologies and innovations. These recognitions prove that Taiwan has pioneering and innovative ICT capabilities.
"Affected by COVID-19 this year, Taiwan has actively deployed various epidemic prevention policies, which were successful and recognized internationally. Today’s awarded technology solutions are based on 0-touch economy and created with strong technological strength, once again proving that ‘Taiwan can help‘ and demonstrating Taiwan’s infinite strengths and potential business opportunities to the world," said Vice Premier of Executive Yuan, R.O.C, Jong-chin Shen.
"I am very pleased that the technology and solutions displayed by the Taiwan Pavilion have been affirmed and supported. In the WCIT 2020 online exhibition, Taiwan exhibitors not only successfully demonstrated Taiwan’s advanced ICT technology and industrial strength to other countries, but also obtained online negotiation opportunities from manufacturers from all over the world. Taiwan has the opportunity to share our excellent COVID-19 epidemic prevention experience with the world. ‘Taiwan can help‘ is truly achieved. It also expects that Taiwan will be able to create more innovative application solutions to help global enterprises accelerate digital transformation," said Chairman of Information Service Industry Association of R.O.C.(CISA) Brian Shen.
WITSA Global ICT Excellence Award honors corporations and organizations with impressive performances and contributions to ICT industries. Among 9 awards, Taiwan wins the following seven awards:
- Ministry of Health and Welfare receives top prize in "COVID-19 Tech Solutions for Countries or Regions"
- Keelung City Government and Industrial Technology Research Institute as well as Taichung City Government and Institute for Information Technology Regional Industry Service Division share top prize in "COVID-19 Tech Solutions for Cities & Localities"
- Acer receives top prize in "COVID-19 Best Industry Solutions"
- National Chiao Tung University and Quanta receive second prize in "Public/Private Partnership Award"
- CyCarrier Technology and Industrial Technology Research Institute receive second prize and merit winner in "Digital Innovation Award" respectively
To Visit Taiwan Pavilion：https://booth.cisa.tw/en/VirtualPavilion