PARIS, Jan. 12, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — "In 2022 the Art Market may have given the impression once again of having broken all records, but the total global volume of transactions and art auction turnover actually stabilized," says Thierry Ehrmann, CEO of Artmarket.com and Founder of Artprice.
The companies Artprice.com and Artron.net are currently compiling their 2022 Art Market Report, the world’s most comprehensive report on the global art market based on auction results from all over the planet. This report will be published free online in English, French, and Mandarin at the beginning of March 2023 and just before the TEFAF in Maastricht.
Ahead of the report’s publication, Artprice has compiled a list of the 25 most spectacular results of the year 2022:
– The second most expensive painting in auction history (after Leonardo da Vinci’s Salvator Mundi), by Andy Warhol.
– The two most expensive photographs of all time: by Man Ray and Edward Steichen
– The second most expensive print ever sold (after David Hockney’s Piscine De Medianoche) by Pablo Picasso.
– The second most expensive video installation (after Bruce Nauman’s No, No, New Museum) by David Hockney
– The three most expensive tapestries ever sold: three works by Alighiero Boetti
COUNTRIES & AUCTION HOUSES
– A record year for US auctions: over $7 billion in Fine Art turnover
– A record year for paintings at auction: more than $10 billion worth worldwide
– A record total for an art collection (Paul G. Allen’s) with five results above $100 million
– Record annual global total for an Auction House: $5.8 billion in Fine Art for Christie’s
– Record year in EUR (but not in USD) for Fine Art auctions in France and Germany
– Record price for a artwork at auction in Germany, signed Max Beckmann
– A record price for an artwork at auction in Japan, signed Andy Warhol
– A Record price for an artwork at auction in the Netherlands, signed Willem Gerard Hofker
– A record price for an artwork at auction in Italy, signed Giorgio Morandi
RECORDS BY NATIONALITY
– Historic record auction price for a German artist: Lucian Freud
– for an Austrian artist: Gustav Klimt
– for a Belgian artist: René Magritte
– for an American artist: Andy Warhol
– for a French artist: Georges Seurat (if we consider Pablo Picasso to have been Spanish)
– for an Indian artist: Vasudeo S. Gaitonde
– for a Luxembourgish artist: Edward Steichen
– for a Nigerian artist: Njideka Akunyili Crosby
– for a Dutch artist: Vincent Van Gogh
– for a Sudanese artist: Ibrahim El Salahi
– Record for a female painter under 30: Anna Weyant
Copyright 1987-2023 thierry Ehrmann www.artprice.com – www.artmarket.com
- Don’t hesitate to contact our Econometrics Department for your requirements regarding statistics and personalized studies: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Try our services (free demo): https://www.artprice.com/demo
- Subscribe to our services: https://www.artprice.com/subscription
Artmarket.com is listed on Eurolist by Euronext Paris, SRD long only and Euroclear: 7478 – Bloomberg: PRC – Reuters: ARTF.
Discover Artmarket and its Artprice department on video: www.artprice.com/video
Artmarket and its Artprice department was founded in 1997 by its CEO, thierry Ehrmann. Artmarket and its Artprice department is controlled by Groupe Serveur, created in 1987.
See certified biography in Who’s who ©:
Artmarket is a global player in the Art Market with, among other structures, its Artprice department, world leader in the accumulation, management and exploitation of historical and current art market information in databanks containing over 30 million indices and auction results, covering more than 800,000 artists.
Artprice by Artmarket, the world leader in information on the art market, has set itself the ambition through its Global Standardized Marketplace to be the world’s leading Fine Art NFT platform.
Artprice Images® allows unlimited access to the largest Art Market image bank in the world: no less than 180 million digital images of photographs or engraved reproductions of artworks from 1700 to the present day, commented by our art historians.
Artmarket with its Artprice department accumulates data on a permanent basis from 6400 Auction Houses and produces key Art Market information for the main press and media agencies (7,200 publications). Its 7.2 million (‘members log in’+social media) users have access to ads posted by other members, a network that today represents the leading Global Standardized Marketplace® to buy and sell artworks at a fixed or bid price (auctions regulated by paragraphs 2 and 3 of Article L 321.3 of France’s Commercial Code).
Artmarket with its Artprice department, has been awarded the State label "Innovative Company" by the Public Investment Bank (BPI) (for the second time in November 2018 for a new period of 3 years) which is supporting the company in its project to consolidate its position as a global player in the market art.
Artprice releases its 2022 Ultra-Contemporary Art Market Report:
The Artprice 2022 half-year report: the art market returns to strong growth in the West:
Artprice by Artmarket’s 2020 Global Art Market Report published in March 2022:
Artprice’s 2020/21 Contemporary Art Market Report by Artmarket.com:
Index of press releases posted by Artmarket with its Artprice department:
Follow all the Art Market news in real time with Artmarket and its Artprice department on Facebook and Twitter:
www.facebook.com/artpricedotcom/ (over 5.9 million followers)
Discover the alchemy and universe of Artmarket and its artprice department https://www.artprice.com/video headquartered at the famous Organe Contemporary Art Museum "The Abode of Chaos" (dixit The New York Times): https://issuu.com/demeureduchaos/docs/demeureduchaos-abodeofchaos-opus-ix-1999-2013
- L’Obs – The Museum of the Future: https://youtu.be/29LXBPJrs-o
- www.facebook.com/la.demeure.du.chaos.theabodeofchaos999 (over 4 million followers)
Contact Artmarket.com and its Artprice department – Contact: Thierry Ehrmann, email@example.com