By EDD K. USMAN
Twitter: @edd1819, Instagram: @bluestar0910, Facebook: Science, Digital & Current Affairs
(SDN) — ALREADY the top player in the business, Fujitsu is upping even more its scanner offerings in the Philippines.
Meet the next-generation (next-gen) device dubbed Fujitsu Image Scanner fi-800R, which Fujitsu Philippines introduced to the Philippines in an event in Makati City, Metro Manila.
The fi-800R is said to be the “smallest image scanner in its class,” company executives said at the introductory launch held at One Corporate Center Building in Pasig City, Metro Manila.
Fujitsu is proud of its place in the world scanner totem pole. Who would not be?
“Fujitsu has been the global image scanner market leader for a decade. We committed to innovation and caring about our customers’ needs and that is why we are introducing the fi-800R,” Paula Vicente, product manager, Fujitsu Imaging Products, said proudly.
“As the smallest scanner in its class, the fi-800R is simply easy to operate and the ideal scanner for limited workspaces like reception desks and service counters.”
The company, she added, is targeting a price of not more than Php50,000 for the image maker, and with enterprises or big companies as the target customers.
Vicente and other executives of the company in the Philippines demonstrated before an awed audience the scanner’s versatility, as they scanned a passport and a thick ID from the device’s customize holder.
And it was a beauty to behold: the diminutive image scanner on the table, performing scanning you would not think possible before.
- Following are its specifications:
- Sheets per minute — 40
- ADF Size — 20 sheets
- Format — A4
- Optical Resolution — 220 DPI
- Connectivity — USB 3.2 Gen1x1/USB 2.0/USB 1.1
- Interface — Twain and ISIS
- Dimensions — 11x4x3 inches
- Weight — 4.4 lbs.
- Bundled Software — PaperStream IP Driver (TWAIN/TWAIN x64/ISIS), WIA Driver(10), PaperStream Capture, Software Operations Panel, Error Recovery Guide, ABBYY FineReader for ScanSnap(11), Scanner Central Admin
- Images per minute — 80
- Scanning area — 8.5 in x 14 in
- Sensor type — CIS
- Document Thickness — 11 lbs. — 34 lbs.
- Multifeed Detection — Overlap detection (Ultrasonic sensor)
- Feed Roller Replacement — 150,000 sheets
- Brochure (Download Brochure)
- Driver (Download Driver)
- Manual (Download Manual)
- Features — Automatic color detection, automatic rotation, Blank Page Detection, MultiStream, Automatic Cropping, Edge Correction, Background Cleaning, Deskew, Hole Punch Removal, Manual Feed Mode, Document Separation, Barcode Recognition, OCR, Zonal OCR
Fujitsu developed the fi-800R to the demands of financial service digitization and automation in relation to the rise of fintech (financial technology) that increases residential transactions brought about by rising immigrants across the world.
Some of the device’s key features include Return Scan which is “perfect for scanning passports and IDs and U-turn Scan that is geared for continuous scanning.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communications technology (ICT) company that offers a full range of technology products, solutions, and services.
Fujitsu Philippines is positioned as one of the country’s leading ICT technology integrators. It has been in the Philippine market for over 40 years. (SDN)
Images courtesy of Fujitsu Philippines.