DOH Wants to Hire Health Personnel for Covid-19 Response
WITH the Philippines in the thick of the battle against novel coronavirus, the Department of Health (DOH) is looking to hire new health workers.
Those who will be hired will be deployed in the following priority postings:
- 1. DOH-designated Covid-19 referral hospitals;
- 2. Temporary treatment and monitoring facilities for Covid-19;
- 3. DOH-designated Covid-19 diagnostic facilities;
- 4. Public hospitals (national and local) handling Covid-19 patients;
- 5. Regional and Provincial Epidemiology and Surveillance Units; and
- 6. DOH-designated private hospitals handling Covid-19 cases.
The health department is conducting the Emergency Hiring of Health Personnel for Covid-19 Response (Contract of Service as prescribed on DOH Department Memorandum No. 2020-0153).
“We are now hiring physicians, nurses, medical technologists, and other support health personnel on a contract of service basis, for a minimum of three (3) months. This aims to augment our current health work force, who are working tirelessly in our fight against this pandemic,” the DOH said in its announcement.
Monthly compensation and benefits:
- 1. Basic salary + premium of up to 20% of basic salary.
- 2. Up to Php500/day hazard allowance.
- 3. Php100,000 in case of infirmity due to Covid-19 and Php1,000,000 in case of death.
- 4. Hospitalization benefits.
- 5. Health personnel will also be entitled to other benefits.
Meanwhile, as of April 23, 4 p.m., the DOH reported 271 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 infections, bringing the total Philippine-wide to 6,981; recoveries at 722 (29 new ones); and fatalities, 462 (16 new deaths).
For more information you may contact :
DOH telephone number: (02) 8651-7800 loc. 4206, 4207
Email for inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please do not send application to this email)
DOH HCW Viber: bit.ly/Join-DOH-HCW-Viber (for healthcare workers only)
Read up more FAQs here: bit.ly/EmergencyHiringFAQs
DOH will also ensure the safety and security of its Health Care Workers by providing assistance and support amidst the Covid-19 situation.
For more details visit: https://www.facebook.com/156566631021264/posts/3250533031624593/ (DOH)