AMD Unveils 4 New Desktop, Mobile GPUs at CES2020
– Purpose-built for legions of 1080p gamers, AMD Radeon™ RX 5600 series offers up to 20 percent faster performance on average across select AAA games and up to 10 percent faster performance on average across select esports games than the competition –
– AMD Radeon™ RX 5600 series graphics to deliver incredible gameplay in next-generation Alienware™ Aurora gaming desktop PCs and Dell G5 15 SE gaming laptops –
– New AMD FreeSync™ Premium and AMD FreeSync™ Premium Pro to help gamers easily identify the ideal displays for the best high-refresh rate gaming experiences –
LAS VEGAS, Nevada – CES – January 7, 2020 – AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today introduced AMD Radeon™ RX 5600 series graphics products, harnessing the power of groundbreaking AMD RDNA architecture and innovative software features to provide the ultimate in high-performance, high-fidelity experiences for 1080p gamers.
The new AMD Radeon™ RX 5600 series lineup includes the AMD Radeon™ RX 5600 XT graphics card, available in custom designs from AMD board partners, as well as the AMD Radeon™ RX 5600 graphics card, available in pre-configured desktop systems, including the new Alienware™ Aurora gaming PC. The new family also includes the AMD Radeon™ RX 5600M GPU, designed to deliver world-class 1080p gaming for laptop PCs, including the new Dell G5 15 SE. AMD also introduced the AMD Radeon™ RX 5700M GPUs to power the most advanced high-performance gaming laptop PCs.
Built on AMD RDNA architecture and industry-leading 7nm process technology, alongside high-bandwidth PCIe® 4.0 technology and high-speed GDDR6 memory, AMD Radeon™ RX 5600 series graphics deliver ultra-high levels of performance and power efficiency. The flagship AMD Radeon™ RX 5600 XT graphics card delivers up to 20 percent higher performance on average across today’s top AAA games1, and up to 10 percent higher performance on average across popular esports titles2 versus the competition.
“From heart-pounding eSports competitions to eye-popping AAA blockbusters, today’s games demand more performance, higher framerates and lower latency than ever before,” said Scott Herkelman, corporate vice president and general manager, Radeon Technologies Group at AMD. “There are 90 million active users on Steam, and over 64 percent of gamers who participated in a recent Steam survey reported playing at 1080p. We’re committed to providing all 1080p gamers with the raw horsepower and incredible features that enable the absolute best gaming experiences with all settings maxed out. The AMD Radeon™ RX 5600 XT more than delivers, powering the ultimate in 1080p gaming at a price point that is sure to delight gamers everywhere.”
“Holding true to Dell and Alienware’s commitment to a no-compromise experience, the AMD Radeon™ RX 5600M GPU allows Dell G5 15 SE users enjoy high-quality, high-performance, immersive gaming on the go, using low power,” said Vivian Lien, vice president of Alienware and Dell Gaming. “Our desktop users will also benefit from the AMD Radeon™ RX 5600 graphics card by bringing top-notch performance and rich features to our newly designed Alienware Aurora.”
Delivering world-class performance and power efficiency, AMD Radeon™ RX 5600 series graphics offer all the capabilities and advanced Radeon™ Software features of the higher-end AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 series graphics, including:
- AMD RDNA Architecture – Built for superior performance, scalability and power efficiency, and designed to power the future of gaming. The AMD RDNA-powered Radeon™ RX 5600 series provides up to 2.1X higher gaming performance-per-watt than the Radeon™ RX 590 graphics card based on the prior-generation Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture.
- Radeon™ Boost – Delivers a performance increase during fast-motion gaming scenarios, including up to a 37 percent boost in Overwatch at 1440p, by dynamically reducing image resolution, increasing framerates and fluidity, as well as bolstering responsiveness with little to no perceptible change in image quality.
- Radeon™ Anti-Lag – Radeon Anti-Lag significantly decreases input-to-display response times, including making Apex Legends up to 22 percent more responsive, and offers a competitive edge in gameplay.
- Radeon™ Image Sharpening (RIS) – Brings crispness and clarity to in-game visuals that have been softened by upscaling and post-process effects in DirectX® 9, 11, 12 and Vulkan® titles. When paired with Radeon™ GPU upscaling, RIS enables sharp visuals and fluid frame rates on high-resolution displays.
- AMD FidelityFX – An open-source toolkit for game developers making it easier for them to add high-quality post-process effects that make games look beautiful while offering the optimal balance of visual fidelity and performance. Available on GPUOpen, FidelityFX features Contrast-Adaptive Sharpening (CAS), which draws out detail in low-contrast areas while minimizing artifacts caused by typical image sharpening routines.
|Model||Compute Units||Stream Processors||TFLOPS
|GDDR6||Game Clock (MHz)||Boost Clock (MHZ)||Memory Interface|
|Radeon™ RX 5600 XT||36||2304||Up to 7.19||6GB||Up to 1375||Up to 1560||192-bit|
|Radeon™ RX 5600||32||2048||Up to 6.39||6GB||Up to 1375||Up to 1560||192-bit|
|Radeon™ RX 5700M||36||2304||Up to 7.93||8GB||Up to 1620||Up to 1720||256-bit|
|Radeon™ RX 5600M||36||2304||Up to 5.83||6GB||Up to 1190||Up to 1265||192-bit|
AMD FreeSync™ Premium and FreeSync™ Premium Pro
The world’s largest adaptive sync display ecosystem, expected to reach 1,000 certified displays this month, has grown exponentially since its introduction six years ago. Simultaneously, the performance and variety of gaming components has increased dramatically while gamers’ expected experiences have evolved. Adding to the baseline AMD FreeSync™ tier, AMD is introducing new AMD FreeSync™ Premium tiers to make it easier for gamers to identify and select displays that deliver the best, high-refresh, ultra-smooth gaming experience:
- AMD FreeSync™ Technology – Delivers smooth, tear-free and low-latency performance for monitors, laptop PCs and TVs that meet AMD’s comprehensive certification process.
- AMD FreeSync™ Premium Technology3 – Building upon the FreeSync™ tier, equips serious gamers with fluid, tear-free gameplay at peak performance, with at least a 120hz refresh rate at minimum FHD resolution and support for low framerate compensation (LFC) technology.
- AMD FreeSync™ Premium Pro Technology4 – Provides the true HDR experience, combining smooth gaming at peak performance with stunning high dynamic range (HDR) visuals.
AMD Radeon™ RX 5600 XT graphics cards are expected to be available beginning January 21, 2020, for an SEP of $279 USD from AMD board partners, including ASRock, ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, PowerColor, SAPPHIRE and XFX. The AMD Radeon™ RX 5600, RX 5600M and RX 5700M are expected to be available in OEM systems beginning in the first quarter of 2020. The Dell G5 15 SE gaming laptop is expected to be available in April, and the new Alienware™ Aurora gaming desktop is expected to be available in the coming weeks.
For 50 years, AMD has driven innovation in high-performance computing, graphics and visualization technologies ― the building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms and the datacenter. Hundreds of millions of consumers, leading Fortune 500 businesses and cutting-edge scientific research facilities around the world rely on AMD technology daily to improve how they live, work and play. AMD employees around the world are focused on building great products that push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information about how AMD is enabling today and inspiring tomorrow, visit the AMD (NASDAQ:AMD) website, blog, Facebook and Twitter pages.
©2019 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, Radeon, FreeSync, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other product names used in this publication are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective companies.
The information contained herein is for informational purposes only, and is subject to change without notice. Timelines, roadmaps, and/or product release dates shown in this Press Release are plans only and subject to change.
 Testing done by AMD performance labs 12/17/2019 on RX 5600 XT (Driver: AMD 19.50), GTX 1660Ti (Driver: Nvidia 441.41 WHQL), Ryzen 7 3800X, 16GB DDR4-3200MHz, GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER, F10 bios, Win10 Pro x64 18362. PC manufacturers may vary configurations yielding different results. Games tested include Battlefield 5, Borderlands 3, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, The Division 2, Gears of War 5, Monster Hunter World, Red Dead Redemption, Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, and Ghost Recon Breakpoint.Performance may vary. RX-418
 Testing done by AMD performance labs 12/17/2019 on RX 5600 XT (Driver: AMD 19.50), GTX 1660Ti (Driver: Nvidia 441.41 WHQL), Ryzen 7 3800X, 16GB DDR4-3200MHz, GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER, F10 bios, Win10 Pro x64 18362. PC manufacturers may vary configurations yielding different results. Games tested include Apex Legends, Fortnite, Overwatch, PLAYERUNKOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, and World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth. Performance may vary. RX-419
 Requires a monitor and AMD Radeon™ graphics, both with FreeSync Premium support. AMD FreeSync Premium requires mandatory low framerate compensation and at least 120 Hz refresh rate at minimum FHD. See www.amd.com/freesync for complete details. Confirm capability with your system manufacturer before purchase. GD-161.
 FreeSync Premium Pro does not require HDR capable monitors; driver can set monitor in native mode when FreeSync Premium Pro supported HDR content is detected. Otherwise, HDR content requires that the system be configured with a fully HDR-ready content chain, including: graphics card, graphics driver and application. Video content must be graded in HDR and viewed with an HDR-ready player. Windowed mode content requires operating system support. GD-162.
 November 2019 Steam survey reported 64.63% of gamers are playing at 1080p – https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/
 Testing done by AMD performance labs 12/20/2019 on RX 5600 XT and RX 590 (Driver: AMD 19.50), Ryzen 7 3800X, 16GB DDR4-3200MHz, GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER, F10 bios, Win10 Pro x64 18362. PC manufacturers may vary configurations yielding different results. All scores are an average of 3 runs with the same settings. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers. RX-421
 Radeon™ Boost is compatible with Windows 7 and 10 in select titles only. Hardware compatibility includes RX 400 and newer consumer dGPUs, Ryzen 2000 and newer APUs, including hybrid and detachable graphics configurations. No mGPU support. For a list of compatible titles see https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/radeon-boost. GD-158
 Testing done by AMD performance labs 12/19/2019 on Ryzen 5 3600X, 16GB DDR4-3200MHz, GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER, F5g bios, Win10 Pro Build 1903, AMD Driver 19.12.2 Dec2 Press Driver, RX 5600 XT with Radeon Boost ON vs OFF in Overwatch at 1440p. PC manufacturers may vary configurations yielding different results. Performance may vary. RX-415
 Radeon™ Anti-Lag is compatible with DirectX 9 and DirectX 11 APIs, Windows 7 and 10. Hardware compatibility includes GCN and newer consumer dGPUs Ryzen 2000 and newer APUs, including hybrid and detachable graphics configurations. No mGPU support. GD-157
 Testing done by AMD performance labs 12/13/2019 on Ryzen 5 3600X, 16GB DDR4-3200MHz, GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER, F5g bios, Win10 Pro x64 18362.175, AMD Driver 19.50, RX 5600 XT with Anti-Lag OFF vs ON. PC manufacturers may vary configurations yielding different results. Performance may vary. RX-414
 Radeon™ Image Sharpening is compatible with DirectX 11, 12, & Vulkan APIs and DirectX 9 for RX 5000 Series only, and Windows 10. Hardware compatibility includes GCN and newer consumer dGPUs, Ryzen 2000 and newer APUs, including hybrid and detachable graphics configurations. No mGPU support. GD-156
 Game clock is the expected GPU clock when running typical gaming applications, set to typical TGP (Total Graphics Power). Actual individual game clock results may vary. GD-147
 Boost Clock Frequency is the maximum frequency achievable on the GPU running a bursty workload. Boost clock achievability, frequency, and sustainability will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to: thermal conditions and variation in applications and workloads. GD-151
 As of Dec. 2019, the number of FreeSync technology enabled screens available (950+) at https://www.amd.com/en/products/freesync-monitors – Largest ecosystem when compared to publicly available listings of competing product solutions at https://www.144hzmonitors.com/list-of-g-sync-monitors/ and https://www.blurbusters.com/gsync/list-of-gsync-monitors/ which list 58 screens respectively. GD-130.
 FreeSync requires a monitor and AMD Radeon™ graphics, both with FreeSync support. See www.amd.com/freesync for complete details. Confirm capability with your system manufacturer before purchase. GD-127